Thompson Machining Services has built progressive stamping dies for the automotive and medical industries for more than 20 years.
Our design engineers and project managers are experts in progressive and transfer die building. While building dies is our specialty, we can also handle full production runs.
We possess the capability to run a wide variety of tools thanks to our state-of-the-art 300-ton press with a feed line and straightener, as well as our smaller 200-ton prototyping press. We conduct all of our stamping operations in-house in our 20,000-square-foot machine shop, ensuring that each workpiece is subject to our stringent internal quality management standards.
Common Stamping Industries and Applications
Stamping provides a cost-effective means of component production, making it a preferred production process for a number of industries and applications. We provide stamping to a range of industries, including but not limited to:
- General Consumer Goods
The capacity of our facilities to produce stamped products for these and other custom applications is possible due to the expertise of the Thompson Machining Services team, as well as the equipment available in our facilities.
Equipment Available for Run Production Stamping
We operate on the principle of continuous improvement, which means we will expand our staff and equipment as necessary to ensure that we can provide fast and reliable service to our customers. As such, we have a range of in-house equipment available to help us meet production runs of nearly any size.
- Jinan 300 Ton Stamping PressOur Jinan stamping press includes a 54" x 96" bed with a Servo line feeding capacity of up to 18" wide. A straightener is integrated into this 300-ton capacity press.
- Verson 200 Ton Stamping PressOur in-house equipment also features a Verson stamping press with a 200-ton capacity, allowing for low-volume runs and prototyping.
- Finishing CapabilitiesThompson Machining Services also possesses the expertise and equipment necessary to offer several value-added services. Our finishing equipment includes:
With these secondary finish capabilities available in-house, we can provide one-stop, end-to-end, in-house stamping on most production runs.
Stamping with Thompson Machining Services
Ultimately, the success of a metal stamping depends entirely on the quality and accuracy of the dies being used. At Thompson Machining Services we have distinguished ourselves as a premier designer and builder of custom progressive and transfer stamping dies for more than 20 years. Our end-to-end services include:
- Design of the necessary dies for your design
- Prototyping and/or PPAP
- High-quality production of your stamped components
- All necessary cutting and finishing services
Thompson Machining Services can handle a broad variety of complex geometries and tight tolerances in our full-service stamping operations. For more information about our capabilities and how we can provide benefits for your organization, please don’t hesitate to contact us or request a quote.